Schiff for Senate Seeks Research Assistant
Schiff for Senate is seeking a research assistant to support its growing research department.
The research assistant will be a key member of the team and the campaign by assisting in the completion of long-term, short-term and rapid-response research projects and tasks on news clipping, campaign finance analysis, policy background, vetting, and much more. This will be a great opportunity to get exposure to the myriad subjects and skills that go into campaign research and into political campaigns in general.
The research assistant will report to the research director and the deputy research director.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Someone with a keen political judgment, with an equally strong eye for detail and precision in their work. Accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail is essential.
- Someone who can both work independently on assigned tasks and work in collaboration with others to complete projects.
- Someone who can effectively manage their time and tasks under tight deadlines, while also managing up their managers. Strong interpersonal communication will be essential.
- Someone with transferable experience on policy, news, voting records, legislation, law, campaign finance, public records, or similar areas/subjects.
- Someone who possesses multicultural competence, the ability to understand, appreciate, and interact with people with different backgrounds, culture, or beliefs.
- Someone who has the ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data entry and analysis; familiarity with spreadsheets/Google sheets/Excel preferred
- Voting records and legislative research
- Policy background and analysis
- Media monitoring
- News research
- Tracking and archiving campaign activity and news, including paid advertising and campaign finance
- Assisting the research director and deputy directors in other projects and tasks as necessary.
Previous campaign experience a plus; transferable experiences in journalism, legal, policy or other political work, in volunteer capacity or as employed, are also ideal
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to translate complex information into clear, concise writing and language under tight turnarounds
- Ability to manage up and down while prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Sharp political judgment and instincts; awareness of current political affairs and news
Salary: $4,000 – $6,000 per month, based on experience
Location: Burbank, CA (On Site, In-Person)