Relational Organizing Director
Schiff for Senate Seeks Relational Organizing Director
The Relational Organizing Director will be responsible for overseeing and executing a relational organizing program for the campaign. They will be responsible for developing and implementing a program that leverages personal relationships and networks to build support for the campaign.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a relational organizing strategy that leverages personal relationships and networks to build support for the campaign
- Build and maintain a database of supporters and volunteers, including their personal relationships and networks
- Train and support volunteers and staff in relational organizing techniques, including how to identify, recruit, and activate personal networks
- Collaborate with other campaign departments to integrate relational organizing into all campaign activities, including fundraising, voter outreach, and messaging
- Monitor and track progress towards relational organizing goals, and adjust strategies as needed
- Create reports and analysis of relational organizing activities and their impact on the campaign
- Foster a culture of relational organizing throughout the campaign, and empower volunteers and staff to take ownership of their personal networks and relationships
- At least three campaign cycles or five years of experience in community organizing with a focus on relational organizing or grassroots mobilization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and motivate others to action
- Experience with data management and analysis, including the use of voter file / PDI and other campaign data tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Passion for progressive politics and a commitment to social justice
- The Relational Organizing Director will report to the Campaign Manager and work closely with other departments, including political, digital, communications, and finance.
- Level: Director
- Salary: Competitive for other top-tier Senate races
- Benefits: Healthcare
- Location: Burbank, CA
Please submit your resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Relational Organizing Director.” No follow-up calls or emails, please.
Equal Opportunity Policy
Schiff for Senate is an equal employment opportunity employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of an individual’s protected characteristic, including without limitation, an individual’s race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, military veteran status, family status, or any other trait protected by federal, state, or local laws. Schiff for Senate’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, such as hiring, promotion and demotion, discharge, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training opportunities. Schiff for Senate does not tolerate harassment or discrimination in the workplace based upon any of the foregoing protected characteristics. In the event an employee or applicant believes that any of these policies may have been violated, he or she should promptly report the incident to a supervisor or the organization’s equal employment opportunity officer.