Schiff for Senate Seeks Constituency Directors
Schiff for Senate is seeking constituency directors to lead outreach efforts to diverse communities in his campaign for the U.S. Senate. The position requires a candidate to be highly collaborative, function with a high level of autonomy, and work on time-sensitive deadlines. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working with diverse communities, including Latino, African American/Black, AAPI, Native American, LGBTQ+, communities of faith, and other diverse groups throughout California.
Experience working with organizations and groups in California is preferred.
Significant in-person work is required, including travel throughout California. Evening and weekend work is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
In coordination with the Political Director, Constituency Directors will oversee the campaign’s critical work outreaching to diverse communities throughout California.
- Create and implement a comprehensive constituency outreach and engagement plan that includes coordinating with partner organizations and individuals.
- Develop and manage the campaign’s constituency and community engagement strategy by coordinating with key stakeholders throughout the state, including elected officials, advocacy groups, and other organizations.
- Build coalitions and strategic partnerships with allied organizations and individuals to strengthen relationships and to collaborate on community organizing opportunities.
- Oversee securing endorsements and managing relationships with allied organizations and individuals.
- Plan and participate in candidate events, outreach activities, trainings, local meetings, and other activities that build presence in constituencies across the state and increase engagement with the campaign.
- Monitor and brief the campaign on important community issues.
- Staff and brief the candidate as necessary.
- Assist in planning and staffing principal trips across the state of California.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in grassroots organizing, voter engagement and outreach, coalition building, and communications with specific experience working with diverse or underrepresented communities, including but not limited to Latino, African American/Black, AAPI, Native American, LGBTQ+, communities of faith, and other diverse groups throughout California.
- Experience with California politics and Democratic Party and progressive activists.
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic values and policy priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Deep attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent political judgment and discretion.
- Ability to travel and work long hours and weekends, as needed.
- Level: Director
- Salary: Competitive for other top-tier Senate races
- Benefits: Healthcare
- Location: Burbank, CA
Please submit your resume and 3 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Constituency Director.” No follow-up calls or emails, please.
Equal Opportunity Policy
Schiff for Senate is an equal employment opportunity employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of an individual’s protected characteristic, including without limitation, an individual’s race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, military veteran status, family status, or any other trait protected by federal, state, or local laws. Schiff for Senate’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, such as hiring, promotion and demotion, discharge, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training opportunities. Schiff for Senate does not tolerate harassment or discrimination in the workplace based upon any of the foregoing protected characteristics. In the event an employee or applicant believes that any of these policies may have been violated, he or she should promptly report the incident to a supervisor or the organization’s equal employment opportunity officer.